The Health Coach Difference
If you follow me on my social media channels (if not you can do it right now on Instagram and Facebook) you’ve seen that I recently enrolled in Integrative Nutrition School to become a certified Health Coach. This was a goals of mine for a very long time, and this year I finally made the commitment. I feel that I want to offer you so much help but I still have a lot to learn. I want to make a bigger impact in you and in the world and that’s why I decided to go back to school and keep learning.
However, many of you may not know what a Health Coach is. Health coaching is a relatively new profession, but the idea behind it is really based in how we, as human beings, operate. As a health coach, I help you work with your unique body, and take into consideration how everything in your life affects your health and wellness.
You may think what a health coach does is not much different from a conventional nutritionist or dietician, or a diet program. However, there are some subtle differences that make these professions complement one another, and help to make positive changes that last.
As a health coach
- I work with the concept of bio-individuality. My approach is client-driven. Instead of getting a one-size-fits-all meal plan based on a one fad diet, I can guide my clients to adopt a way of eating based on their individual circumstances, lifestyle habits, health condition and other needs.
- I approach nutrition as “whole foods”, instead of looking at individual nutrients such as calories, carbs, proteins, fats etc. Why? Because the synergistic relationship among these various components when they are ingested in the form of whole foods deliver much more benefits than when they are taken as individual nutrients.
- My coaching is goal-, action- and result-oriented. My approach focuses on implementation and integration, so that healthy changes are integrated into your life. We live in the age of information overload – you don’t need more information, you need to know which information to use and how to make them work for your life.
- Instead of treating the symptoms, I work to get to the underlying causes of their health concerns. We look at how issues such as stress, emotional distress, physical activities, lack of “soul nourishment” etc. affect our overall wellbeing. I help my clients cultivate the awareness to improve all areas of their lives.
- I support my clients to work with their body on healing itself so that they can eventually reduce the amount of medication that they rely on.
- Instead of forcing my clients to stick to some “plan” which does not work for them, I first listen to my clients’ needs and concerns, then work with them to get over blocks or resistance, making any behavioral changes they make stick.
I am Your Health Advocate
As your Health Coach, I can support you to live your life to the fullest!