Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls
Healthier than a candy bar, for sure, these balls serve as a great dessert! If you like peanut butter and chocolate I’m sure you will love them!
SERVES: 24 (1 ball each) Prep Time: 20 min. Cooking Time: 8 min.
1 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter
1 Tbsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free)
¾ cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
8 oz. semisweet chocolate, 62% cocoa or higher, chopped
2 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil, unrefined
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, cornstarch, coconut flour, and maple syrup in a medium bowl; blend well with a spatula until mixture forms a uniform dough.
- Using clean hands, shape dough into twenty-four 1-inch balls; place a toothpick in the center of each ball. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Fill small saucepan with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low.
- Place a heat-proof mixing bowl over the saucepan. Add chocolate and oil. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just melted. Make sure water does not splash into the bowl.
- Remove balls from the refrigerator. Hold a ball by the toothpick and dip into chocolate, swirling to completely coat. Return to baking sheet. Repeat with each ball. (For any uncoated areas, coat carefully with a spoon dipped into chocolate.)
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until chocolate has hardened.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
• You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave. Place morsels and oil in a microwave-safe container. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave for an additional 30 to 45 seconds or until just melted. Do not overcook.
• To prevent the balls from sticking to your hands when you roll them, lightly coat your hands with nonstick cooking spray.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving):
Calories: 134 Total Fat: 9 g Saturated Fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 57 mg Carbohydrates: 12 g Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 8 g Protein: 4 g