7 Reasons to Eat Avocados
Today I wan to give so several reasons to eat Avocados more often. Avocados are delicious, but did you know they could also help curb your appetite? According to a recent study, those who ate half an avocado with lunch felt 28% less of a desire to eat more in the 5 hours following the meal.
But, that’s not all avocados can do for you!
More benefits of avocados
1. They are high in monounsaturated fats. The types of fatty acids in the avocado help reduce inflammation (great if you have arthritis) and can lower your risk for heart disease.
2. They help with the absorption of two antixodiants: lycopene and beta-carotene if you’re enjoying a salad or salsa.
3. The omega-9 fatty acids within the avocado are said to improve skin tone and help repair damaged skin cells.
4. Avocados may help improve blood cholesterol, thanks to the compound they contain known as beta-sitosterol. In one study, patients who ate avocados for 7 days saw a 17% decrease in total blood cholesterol, a 22% decrease in both LDL and triglyceride levels, and an 11% increase in HDL levels.
5. They Contain More Potassium Than Bananas!! Avocados are actually very high in potassium. With a 100 gram (3.5 ounce) serving containing 14% of the RDA, compared to 10% in bananas, which are a typical high potassium food
6. Avocados Are Loaded With Fiber: A 100 gram (3.5 ounce) serving of avocado contains 7 grams of fiber, which is 27% of the recommended daily amount.
7. Eating Avocado May Help You Lose Weight: in a study people eating the avocado felt 23% more satisfied and had a 28% lower desire to eat over the next 5 hours
What is your favorite way to enjoy avocado? Mine is on my salad or on its own with a touch of sea salt.
Stay Active, Live Healthy and Feel Amazing!